Software Developer In Test
Software Developer In Test (SDIT) Opportunities
If you’re excited by the impact of emerging and disruptive technologies this will be the perfect role for you. We’re looking for people who will thrive in an Agile development environment and are motivated by the opportunity to develop others, sharing new ideas, concepts and ways of working.
Working with us, you’ll be at the heart of the technological revolution of one of the world’s most trusted betting and gaming companies. We deal with projects ranging from mobile Casinos to online Sportsbooks and everything in between. The software you write will process 500 online bets per second, accommodate 20 million users, and process 160 terabytes a day. You can be sure there are many more challenges waiting for you.
Your role in the team
As a key contributor, you’ll work as part of an agile team, to deliver high-quality, customer-focused, technical solutions to exceed the customer’s expectations.
You’ll make sure that your team follow the best QA practices and that the teams’ products have excellent test coverage. You do this by actively coaching your fellow team members into writing best in class tests when delivering great software. You also make sure that vital parts of the software have great test cases and ensure that we remain as one of the most trusted brands in the industry.
It’s a hands-on role and you won’t ever be sat twiddling your thumbs. We’re looking for a curious engineer who wants to push forward, faster and smarter, never settling for second best. And if you’re anything like us, you won’t rest until a problem is solved. This position is a combination of infrastructure support and DevOps but always with a focus on innovation.
Your responsibilities will include
- Developing feature test strategies and writing verification plans using existing test infrastructure
- Collaborating with Product and Ops teams to translate functional requirements into test cases
- Working closely with the development team to analyse, debug and resolve the bugs
- Developing and evolving test frameworks, tools, infrastructure, and CI systems
- Analysing and identifying testing needed across the development and release cycle
- Using effective DevOps principles, clean Terraform code, Docker/Kubernetes orchestration and automation
Skills we are looking for
- Ideally, a BS/MS degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills including spoken and written English.
- Experience testing Microservices through RESTful APIs would be an advantage
- Passionate about quality metrics in product implementation.
- Experience or knowledge of Performance Testing and tools such as JMeter/Gatling
- Knowledge of GitLab CI as a nice-to-have
- Experience of of Kafka (or similar messaging systems) testing and familiarity with cloud technologies such as Microservices, RESTful APIs, Docker, and Kubernetes would be an advantage
What we offer
You’ll get to work with like-minded individuals in great teams based across the globe. All working in Agile delivery methods and deploying into Amazon Web Services (AWS). You’ll have the autonomy to flex your strategy and solution design across a truly global product that drives the heart of our sports betting for William Hill worldwide and you’’ have access to a personal learning budget, coupled with 10% learning time each month to help you learn and grow.
We are welcoming our teams back to the office, however, we want to offer a balanced approach to office and home working - now and for the long-term future. We know that not everyone is the same, many people have embraced home working, whilst others can’t wait to get back. Therefore, we are offering our employees the opportunity to work from home up to 80% of the time with 20% of office time built in to ensure we get some face to face collaborative team time - and the chance for a coffee and a catch up!
- Development opportunities, including IT conferences, training, lunch and learn sessions and an individual training budget.
- Complex work and the chance to make an impact.
- Mac OS or Windows hardware to choose from.
- New, bright and comfortable offices in the city centre with a garden roof terrace and incredible city views. Tram stop right outside the office.
- Free underground parking space for cars, motorcycles and bikes.
- Great working atmosphere, in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
- Competitive base salary and benefits, with fully paid private healthcare (Lux Med), fully paid Multisport pass or MyBenefit cafeteria points for employees on employment contract, employee referral program, and an extra day off for your birthday.
- Flexible employment (B2B or Employment Contract).
- Creative rights scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Chill out room and gaming room with VR, PS4, FIFA, foosball table, billiards, table tennis, football league, board games, company competitions with cool prizes.
William Hill in Krakow
Our office sits on Kotlarska and our brilliant building has a range of different workspaces, hangouts and breakout areas to suit your every need. Situated in the centre of Krakow next to Vistula river we’re in the heart of one of the world’s most iconic cities. There are parks everywhere, you can enjoy a walk along Planty, or go to Kociuszko Mound to admire the city from above. With plenty of culture on your doorstep, you’ll be spoilt for choice. In fact, why not have a sneak peek around our office with Street View and see if you can picture yourself here.
Join us #behindthebet
Would you like to join us?
Great! Find out all about the recruitment process and see how step by step you can become a part of our Grand Parade community.
Send your resume via our website and if you’re successful, we’ll contact you via email or phone.
2. HR screen
Our Recruitment Team will arrange a call to discuss your experience and learn more about your job expectations.
3. Technical interview
The next step on the road will be phone (Skype or BlueJeans) call with one of our technical recruiters who'd like to learn more about your skills and knowledge.
4. F2F interview
...and we're almost there! The final step is meeting with Development Lead or Hiring Manager who will tell you more about what we do and will be happy to answer your questions.