Software Developer In Test
Software Developer In Test
If you’re excited by the impact of emerging and disruptive technologies this will be the perfect role for you. We’re looking for people who will thrive in an Agile development environment and are motivated by the opportunity to develop others, sharing new ideas, concepts and ways of working.
Working with us, you’ll be at the heart of the technological revolution of one of the world’s most trusted betting and gaming companies. With over 12,000 people worldwide, we make a huge investment in everyone, offering great career development opportunities. Our people are at the heart of everything we do and we offer a fast-paced environment where we have fun, celebrate success and give you all the tools you’ll need to be your best self.
Your role in the team
We’re looking for Software Developers In Test who will focus on backend development. Our developers will be programming in Scala but we have a fantastic team ready to coach, develop and mentor you if this is not your speciality!
It’s a hands-on role and you won’t ever be sat twiddling your thumbs. We’re looking for a curious engineer who wants to push forward, faster and smarter, never settling for second best. And if you’re anything like us, you won’t rest until a problem is solved. This position is a combination of infrastructure support and DevOps but always with a focus on innovation.
Your responsibilities will include
- Developing feature test strategies and writing verification plans using existing test infrastructure
- Collaborating with Product and Ops teams to translate functional requirements into test cases
- Working closely with the development team to analyse, debug and resolve the bugs
- Developing and evolving test frameworks, tools, infrastructure, and CI systems
- Analysing and identifying testing needed across the development and release cycle
- Using effective DevOps principles, clean Terraform code, Docker/Kubernetes orchestration and automation
Skills we are looking for
- Ideally, a BS/MS degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject or equivalent experience
- Excellent communication skills including spoken and written English.
- Experience testing Microservices through RESTful APIs would be an advantage
- Passionate about quality metrics in product implementation.
- Experience or knowledge of Performance Testing and tools such as JMeter/Gatling
- Knowledge of GitLab CI as a nice-to-have
- Experience of of Kafka (or similar messaging systems) testing and familiarity with cloud technologies such as Microservices, RESTful APIs, Docker, and Kubernetes would be an advantage
What we offer
We take the safety and wellbeing of our employees seriously, especially at this challenging time. We have put in place robust Covid19 measures and are supporting our new employees with a smooth onboarding and training programme and making you feel welcome and part of our team.
- World class mentoring, career development opportunities, internal training and an individual development budget
- Mac OS or Windows hardware to choose from
- A great working atmosphere, in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers
- Competitive base salary and benefits, with fully paid private healthcare (Lux Med), fully paid Multisport pass, employee referral program, and an extra day off for your birthday.
- Meetups, quality questions events, hackathons, we love any chance to share knowledge and have fun.
- Flexible working practices
- Excellent city centre location with a tram stop right outside the office, and free parking spaces cars, motorcycles and bikes.
William Hill in Krakow
Our office sits on Kotlarska and our brilliant building has a range of different workspaces, hangouts and breakout areas to suit your every need. Situated in the centre of Krakow next to Vistula river we’re in the heart of one of the world’s most iconic cities. There are parks everywhere, you can enjoy a walk along Planty, or go to Kociuszko Mound to admire the city from above. With plenty of culture on your doorstep, you’ll be spoilt for choice. In fact, why not have a sneak peek around our office with Street View and see if you can picture yourself here.
**You will need to be able to access a William Hill office as part of this role - Leeds, London, Gibraltar or Krakow. **
#Join us behind the bet
Would you like to join us?
Great! Find out all about the recruitment process and see how step by step you can become a part of our Grand Parade community.
Send your resume via our website and if you’re successful, we’ll contact you via email or phone.
2. HR screen
Our Recruitment Team will arrange a call to discuss your experience and learn more about your job expectations.
3. Technical interview
The next step on the road will be phone (Skype or BlueJeans) call with one of our technical recruiters who'd like to learn more about your skills and knowledge.
4. F2F interview
...and we're almost there! The final step is meeting with Development Lead or Hiring Manager who will tell you more about what we do and will be happy to answer your questions.