Senior Cloud and System Engineer
- Leadership of the team with a focus on delivery and team morale.
- Line management of the engineers in your team.
- Uphold software engineering standards & best practices and ensure we adhere to them.
- Design, implementation & documentation of solutions in collaboration with engineers and architects.
- Understanding strengths and weaknesses of your team.
- Support the strengthening of their skills through personal development plans.
- Regular 1-to-1 catch ups, objectives setting, probation assessment.
- Delegation of development tasks to the engineers.
- Planning & pre-planning sessions with PO, Architect.
- Translating non-technical and technical requirements to appropriate audiences.
- Driving the improvements in KPI's (code quality, defects, performance, security, resiliency).
- Responsible for the integrity of the software, ensuring technical debt is managed effectively (avoid creating it & remove it whenever there's opportunity).
- Taking responsibility for the product and your contributions to it. Reviewing code and providing constructive feedback.
- Responsible for CI/CD pipelines.
- Organizing & executing releases.
- Supporting production environment for products and services delivered by the team during office hours.
- Engagement in the recruitment activities.
- 2+ years proven team leadership experience.
- Extensive hands-on experience with cloud providers and scalable infrastructure, an in particular with AWS (EKS, ALB, NLB, Lambda,...)
- Clear understanding of software development lifecycle, including proficiency of Agile delivery principles and practices such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Highly proficient on Kubernetes.
- 5+ years of professional development experience in platform team, delivering infrastructure as code (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc), in highly automated and scalable infrastructure with low latency and high availability.
- Experience in automated software testing through unit/functional/integration test suites as well as testing infrastructure as code.
- Clear understanding of cloud paradigms (IaaS, CaaS, PaaS, microservice architectures, CI/CD).
- Highly proficiency with CI/CD infrastructure and pipelines,
- Experience in DevOps activities, production support and production system in an enterprise.
- Extensive production experience with deployment and administration of containerised services.
- Excellent scripting skills, experience with configuration management systems.
- All traits of a good Developer and an experienced leader of people, such as: approachable, rational & respectful, commitment and ability for being a role model for the team members, leading by sample, as well as having the ability to step outside of your comfort zone.
- Creative approach to problem solving while keeping solutions as simple as possible.
- Analytical approach and mindset.
- Critical attention to detail, thoroughness and documentation.
- Excellent organisational skills, and oral and written communication skills and comfortable with many levels of stakeholders in your daily work skills. Good communication and people skills, in a technical or non-technical context.
- Providing rotational on call support.
- Professional and discrete with managerial matters.
- BSC degree or equivalent experience.
- You love working with and learning new technologies and architectures.
- Knowledge high availability scenarios.
- A strong drive and the ability to see through tasks and projects to the end.
- Flexible approach and not afraid to propose and to implement changes.
- Certifications such as AWS, Kubernetes.
- Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal training, lunch and learn sessions and an individual development budget.
- Complex work and the chance to make an impact.
- Mac OS or Windows hardware to choose from.
- Some opportunities for International travel to our offices in London, Leeds, Stockholm, Malta and Gibraltar (our office is 5 minutes away from the beach).
- New modern, bright and comfortable office space, with a great working atmosphere, in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
- Competitive base salary and benefits, with fully paid private healthcare (Enel-Med), filly paid Multisport pass, employee referral program, and an extra day off for your birthday.
- Garden roof terrace, with incredible views of the city, and fresh fruit in the office.
- Well stocked kitchens with fruit tea, honey and lemon, foamy coffee machine, vending machine with healthy food and salad.
- Chill out room and gaming room with VR, PS4, FIFA, foosball table, billiards, table tennis, football league, board games, competitions with cool prizes.
- Meetups, quality questions events, hackathons, we love any chance to share knowledge and have fun.
- We dont like our colleagues to go hungry or thirsty, so events are always well catered.
- Family fun days, charity events (ask us about our scooter racing), company parties and social activities.
- Flexible working practices
- Excellent city centre location with a tram stop right outside the office, and free parking spaces cars, motorcycles and bikes.
- Relocation costs support for rent and travel, and VISA support. Colleagues from all round the world including Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Estonia, Brazil, Romania, Ireland, Israel, India, Portugal, United Kingdom, and Libya.
Would you like to join us?
Great! Find out all about the recruitment process and see how step by step you can become a part of our Grand Parade community.
Send your resume via our website and if you’re successful, we’ll contact you via email or phone.
2. HR screen
Our Recruitment Team will arrange a call to discuss your experience and learn more about your job expectations.
3. Technical interview
The next step on the road will be phone (Skype or BlueJeans) call with one of our technical recruiters who'd like to learn more about your skills and knowledge.
4. F2F interview
...and we're almost there! The final step is meeting with Development Lead or Hiring Manager who will tell you more about what we do and will be happy to answer your questions.