Software Engineering Team Lead
We bet we can be a great match
Do you want cool projects focused on online sports betting and gaming? Would you like to work on highly reliable systems with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions, but with fun included? Would you like to work with some of the best Developers, QAs, DevOps Engineers and Architects spread over several office locations?
We are passionate about delivering customers with personalized and emotional gaming experience. We are proud to cooperate together with world-leading game providers to offer a full spectrum of premium gaming products. Our team is a diverse collection of talented Back-end, Front-end, QA and Cloud engineers working together in DevOps culture and a Disciplined Agile approach. We are focused on continuous improvement based on technical KPI’s like TTI or Speed Index.
Your role in the team
- The leadership of the development team with a focus on delivery, team morale, building ownership and engagement
- Partner Product Owner in delivering best quality value to the end customer, translating business features into technical language and vice versa
- Work on and develop best practices and development standards, ensure developers adhere to them, measure team progress and work on improvements
- Teamwork planning, breaking down epics or user stories to technical tasks, estimation and managing delivery of the team
- Release management within the team
- Engagement in the recruitment activities
- Tracking and tackling technical debt
- Line management of developers in your team: 1-to-1s, performance management, personal development
- Proven 3+ years software development experience and Senior+ level in one out of two areas: - Swift, iOS SDK - Kotlin and Java, Android SDK
- Passion for working with people and technology
- Passion to leadership and management, constantly self-improving in those areas
- Experience in implementing DevOps practices and following its principles
- Being a role model for the team members, showing problem-solving attitude, building a sense of ownership
- Proactive attitude to improving any aspect of team and tech work
- Excellent communication skills
What we offer
- Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal trainings, lunch and learn sessions and an individual training budget.
- Complex work and the chance to make an impact.
- Mac OS or Windows hardware to choose from.
- Brand new, bright and comfortable office in the city center with a garden roof terrace and incredible city view. Tram stop right outside the office. And yes - the office remains open if you choose to use it for reasons connected with your physical or mental wellbeing.
- Free underground parking space for cars, motorcycles and bikes.
- Great working atmosphere, in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
- Competitive base salary and benefits, with fully paid private healthcare (Lux Med), fully paid Multisport pass or MyBenefit cafeteria points for employees on employment contract, employee referral program, and an extra day off for your birthday.
- Flexible employment (B2B or Employment Contract to choose from).
- Creative rights scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Chill out room and gaming room with VR, PS4, FIFA, foosball table, billiards, table tennis, football league, board games, company competitions with cool prizes.
- Meetups, quality questions events, hackathons, we love any chance to share knowledge and have fun.
- Charity events (ask us about our scooter racing) and social activities virtual for now but we can’t wait to throw one of our famous company parties or summer picnics
- Flexible working practices - in Covid-19 times we work from home.
- Ultimately depending on circumstances, you may be able to work up to 80% of your normal working time from home.
- Relocation costs support for rent and travel, and VISA support. Colleagues from all round the world including Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Argentina, Morocco, Estonia, Brazil, Romania, Ireland, Israel, India, Portugal, United Kingdom, Libya and many other countries.
William Hill in Krakow
Our office sits on Kotlarska and our brilliant building has a range of different workspaces, hangouts and breakout areas to suit your every need. Situated in the centre of Krakow next to Vistula river we’re in the heart of one of the world’s most iconic cities. There are parks everywhere, you can enjoy a walk along Planty, or go to Kociuszko Mound to admire the city from above. With plenty of culture on your doorstep, you’ll be spoilt for choice. In fact, why not have a sneak peek around our office with Street View and see if you can picture yourself here.
Join us behind the bet
Would you like to join us?
Great! Find out all about the recruitment process and see how step by step you can become a part of our Grand Parade community.
Send your resume via our website and if you’re successful, we’ll contact you via email or phone.
2. HR screen
Our Recruitment Team will arrange a call to discuss your experience and learn more about your job expectations.
3. Technical interview
The next step on the road will be phone (Skype or BlueJeans) call with one of our technical recruiters who'd like to learn more about your skills and knowledge.
4. F2F interview
...and we're almost there! The final step is meeting with Development Lead or Hiring Manager who will tell you more about what we do and will be happy to answer your questions.