Software Engineering Team Lead
You might have heard of us before, and if you haven’t don’t worry, read on and you’ll get the lowdown.
We build products used by tens of million people every week all over the world and we’re pretty proud of that. And to build those products, we need extraordinary people. That’s where you come in. Whether you’re a backend developer processing 160TB of data daily to UX/UI designers and front-end developers keeping track of all the new JS frameworks.
Pretty sure you’ve heard all that before?
Well, we bet we’re better
When it comes to working in tech in Krakow, you probably expect pool tables, bean bags, pizza and ping pong. That’s all here. But if that’s all you’re after, you’re in for a shock. A good one though you’ll also be challenged, excited and inspired by the prospect, projects and people here. It might sound it but we’re not a start up.
We’ve been there. We know the vibe. We’re part of William Hill, a global betting and gaming company. And even though together we’re a big company we do our best to implement agile. You’ll see when you get here how much we’re embracing this agile way of life.
Your role in the team
As an Software Engineering Team Lead in our International Channel you’ll be responsible for leading a Scrum team of developers and testers. You’ll work as a code contributing Engineer as well as daily management of the established team.
- Design, implement and document solutions with your team, testers and the Solutions Architects
- Work closely with the SRE teams and Principal Engineers to manage the integrity of the software and technical debt
- Work with the PO’s, Delivery Leads and Architects on technical and non- technical requirements
- Ensure tests are aligned with the solution and are complimentary
- Manage the CI and release pipeline and within the scope of the team.
- Collaborate across multi-location e.g Leeds, London, and Gibraltar
- Manage and develop current team and act as a mentor to aid achieving personal development goals
- Proven technical or full team leadership experience
- Experience as a Developer
- Experience with some of technologies we’re working with: HTTP, Docker, REST API, Linux systems, scripting (Bash, Python, other), web performance, cloud orchestrators, testing frameworks
- Experience in automated software testing through unit/functional/integration test suites
- Experience in / knowledge of Agile delivery principles and practices such as Scrum or Kanban
- Broad knowledge of web software development related topics
- Experience in working in multi-team environment with multiple dependencies
- Some experience with automated software testing
- Very good English skills (both written and spoken)
William Hill in Krakow
Our office sits on Kotlarska and our brilliant building has a range of different workspaces, hangouts and breakout areas to suit your every need. Situated in the centre of Krakow next to Vistula river we’re in the heart of one of the world’s most iconic cities.There are parks everywhere, you can enjoy a walk along Planty, or go to Kociuszko Mound to admire the city from above. With plenty of culture on your doorstep, you’ll be spoilt for choice. In fact, why not have a sneak peek around our office with Street View and see if you can picture yourself here.
Join us behind the bet
Would you like to join us?
Great! Find out all about the recruitment process and see how step by step you can become a part of our Grand Parade community.
Send your resume via our website and if you’re successful, we’ll contact you via email or phone.
2. HR screen
Our Recruitment Team will arrange a call to discuss your experience and learn more about your job expectations.
3. Technical interview
The next step on the road will be phone (Skype or BlueJeans) call with one of our technical recruiters who'd like to learn more about your skills and knowledge.
4. F2F interview
...and we're almost there! The final step is meeting with Development Lead or Hiring Manager who will tell you more about what we do and will be happy to answer your questions.