Software Engineering Team Lead (Java)
We bet we can be a great match
Do you want cool projects focused on online sports betting and gaming? Would you like to work on highly reliable systems with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions, but with fun included?
Working with us you’ll be at heart of the technological revolution of one the world’s most trusted betting and gaming companies. We deal with projects ranging from widgets, desktop or mobile casinos and betting sites just to name a few. We process 500 online Sportsbook bets per second each Saturday, that’s the same as orders processed by Amazon UK, on its busiest day of the year. We deal with more than 20 million users and 160 terabytes of data daily. Impressed? You can be sure there are many more challenges waiting for you.
Your role in the team
As an Engineering Lead you are responsible for leading from technical perspective a Scrum team of developers and testers. Your time distribution between tech work vs. people management is 50% / 50%. Daily duties include:
- Design, implementation and documentation of solutions in collaboration with Developers, Testers and Solution Architects
- Responsibility for the integrity of the software, ensuring technical debt is managed effectively (avoid creating it & remove it whenever there’s opportunity) in collaboration with Principal Engineering and Site Reliability teams
- Hands on leadership and coaching of the team
- Providing guardrails into best practices and standards, and ensure adherence
- Collaborating on non-technical and technical requirements with Product Owners and Scrum Masters
- Collaborating on delivery with Project Managers
- Reviewing code and providing constructive feedback
- Collaborating with QA to ensure tests are aligned with the solution and complement tests written by development
- Responsibility for CI & release pipeline being set up for all applications delivered. Organise & execute releases
- Collaborating with other teams located in Krakow and Gibraltar
- Serving as mentor/coach to define yearly objectives and develop team skills through personal development
- Handling one-to-one meetings with team members
- Proven technical or full team leadership experience (min. 1 year)
- Experience as a Developer (min. 3 years)
- In-depth knowledge of Java language
- Experience with some of technologies we’re working with: HTTP, Docker, REST API, Linux systems, scripting (Bash, Python, other), web performance, cloud orchestrators, testing frameworks
- Experience in DevOps activities, production support. All aspects involved in delivering web applications to a production system in an enterprise.
- Experience in automated software testing through unit/functional/integration test suites
- Experience in / knowledge of Agile delivery principles and practices such as Scrum or Kanban
- Broad knowledge of web software development related topics
- Working knowledge of best engineering practices
- Experience with working in multi-team environment with multiple dependencies
- Some background experience with automated software testing
- Very good English skills (both written and spoken)
What we offer
- Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal training, lunch and learn sessions and an individual development budget.
- Complex work and the chance to make an impact.
- Mac OS or Windows hardware to choose from.
- Some opportunities for International travel to our offices in London, Leeds, Stockholm, Malta and Gibraltar (our office is 5 minutes away from the beach).
- New modern, bright and comfortable office space, with a great working atmosphere, in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
- Competitive base salary and benefits, with fully paid private healthcare (LuxMed), filly paid Multisport pass, employee referral program, and an extra day off for your birthday.
- Garden roof terrace, with incredible views of the city, and fresh fruit in the office.
- Well stocked kitchens with fruit tea, honey and lemon, foamy coffee machine, vending machine with healthy food and salad.
- Chill out room and gaming room with VR, PS4, FIFA, foosball table, billiards, table tennis, football league, board games, competitions with cool prizes.
- Meetups, quality questions events, hackathons, we love any chance to share knowledge and have fun.
- We don’t like our colleagues to go hungry or thirsty, so events are always well catered.
- Family fun days, charity events (ask us about our scooter racing), company parties and social activities.
- Flexible working practices
- Excellent city centre location with a tram stop right outside the office, and free parking spaces cars, motorcycles and bikes.
- Relocation costs support for rent and travel, and VISA support. Colleagues from all round the world including Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Estonia, Brazil, Romania, Ireland, Israel, India, Portugal, United Kingdom, and Libya.
William Hill in Krakow
Our office sits on Kotlarska and our brilliant building has a range of different workspaces, hangouts and breakout areas to suit your every need. Situated in the centre of Krakow next to Vistula river we’re in the heart of one of the world’s most iconic cities.There are parks everywhere, you can enjoy a walk along Planty, or go to Kociuszko Mound to admire the city from above. With plenty of culture on your doorstep, you’ll be spoilt for choice. In fact, why not have a sneak peek around our office with Street View and see if you can picture yourself here.
Join us behind the bet
Would you like to join us?
Great! Find out all about the recruitment process and see how step by step you can become a part of our Grand Parade community.
Send your resume via our website and if you’re successful, we’ll contact you via email or phone.
2. HR screen
Our Recruitment Team will arrange a call to discuss your experience and learn more about your job expectations.
3. Technical interview
The next step on the road will be phone (Skype or BlueJeans) call with one of our technical recruiters who'd like to learn more about your skills and knowledge.
4. F2F interview
...and we're almost there! The final step is meeting with Development Lead or Hiring Manager who will tell you more about what we do and will be happy to answer your questions.