Software Engineering Team Lead - Data
Our data engineering teams together with data scientists are working on advanced systems capable of collecting and processing huge amounts of data, finding patterns, reasoning and acting faster than humans by using machine learning algorithms that can incrementally get smarter each time new data enters the system. We are a group of people passionate about the science ’behind the bet’, always outcome-oriented and focused on solving real-world problems based on data and advanced analytics.
Your role in the team
Our Data Management team is nothing if not ambitious. We pride ourselves on delivering operational and analytical solutions ranging from traditional batch data warehousing to low latency applications.
As a Development Lead in Krakow, you’ll manage a scrum team of developers working with large volumes of data. We also integrate our platform with a range of internal and external systems. If you’re anything like us you’ll be interested in new tech and how it can be applied to data management. Our internal customer base is growing all the time, and we’re establishing ourselves as a true enterprise team using the latest technologies to make sure all customers get the best possible service.
- Proven experience in a team management position
- The desire to motivate, develop and deal with day to day issues including performance management for individuals
- Agile mindset and practice in software development process e.g. Scrum, Kanban, TDD, BDD
- Quality first mindset with practice in defining and implementing QA processes within team
- Practical knowledge of Python and/or Java, plus SQL
- Knowledge of design patterns and design concepts
- Excellent communication skills including fluency in English
Nice to have:
- Experience with cloud solutions for Big Data (Snowflake, GCP BigQuery, AWS Redshift)
- Experience with data pipelines (e.g. Airflow) and streaming processing (Kafka, Kinesis, Spark Streaming)
What we offer
- Long term flexible working practices - Our employees have the opportunity to work from home with some office time built in to ensure we get some face to face collaborative team time.
- Possibility to work with latest Cloud technologies and build comprehensive Data Platform from scratch.
- Growth within technical area and leadership it is your choice where you want to go.
- Flexible employment (B2B or Employment Contract to choose from).
- Creative rights scheme.
- IT conferences, internal trainings, lunch and learn sessions and an individual training budget.
Would you like to join us?
Great! Find out all about the recruitment process and see how step by step you can become a part of our Grand Parade community.
Send your resume via our website and if you’re successful, we’ll contact you via email or phone.
2. HR screen
Our Recruitment Team will arrange a call to discuss your experience and learn more about your job expectations.
3. Technical interview
The next step on the road will be phone (Skype or BlueJeans) call with one of our technical recruiters who'd like to learn more about your skills and knowledge.
4. F2F interview
...and we're almost there! The final step is meeting with Development Lead or Hiring Manager who will tell you more about what we do and will be happy to answer your questions.