Site Reliability Engineer in Big Data
We bet we can be a great match
When we say cutting edge, we actually mean it. Here, you can work on highly reliable systems with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions, but with fun included.
Working with us you’ll be at heart of the technological revolution of one the world’s most trusted betting and gaming companies. We deal with projects ranging fromdesktop or mobile casinos and betting sites just to name a few. We process 500 online Sportsbook bets per second each Saturday, that’s the same as orders processed by Amazon UK, on its busiest day of the year. We deal with more than 20 million users daily. Impressed? You can be sure there are many more challenges waiting for you.
Your role in the team
We are building world-class Big Data platform which will give us power to process streams of data and enable machine learning and advanced analytics capabilities. Everything cloud-based for scalability and speed to market.
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) in Big Data, you’ll be building tools and processes to ensure the reliability and availability of our Big Data platform and data processing. You will diagnose technical faults on big data platform services which are built on Snowflake, Airflow, Databricks, AWS, Docker, Terraform and more. You will be measuring performance and costs and drive initiatives to optimize it. You will take care of operations automation, distributed component integration, security, monitoring, log aggregation and troubleshooting Big Data Platform issues together with data engineers or escalate issues to the platform team, or data solution squads as necessary. You will be working mainly with AWS based services and may do some work in our private cloud environment.
- Working knowledge of Pythonand SQL
- Good understanding of cloud computing paradigm (distributed logging, service discovery, stateless applications, scaling, HA)
- Driving improvements in KPI’s (code quality, defects, performance, security, resiliency)
- Experience with real-life systems on any of the major cloud providers (i.e. AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Openstack)
- Understanding of Infrastructure as a Code paradigm
- Agile mindset and practice in software development process e.g. Scrum, Kanban, TDD, BDD
- Practical experience or desire to learn modern technologies for big data and/or streaming
What we offer
- Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal training, lunch and learn sessions and an individual development budget.
- Complex work and the chance to make an impact.
- Some opportunities for International travel to our offices in London, Leeds, Stockholm, Malta and Gibraltar (our office is 5 minutes away from the beach).
- New modern, bright and comfortable office space, with a great working atmosphere, in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
- Competitive base salary and benefits, with fully paid private healthcare (Enel-Med), filly paid Multisport pass, employee referral program, and an extra day off for your birthday.
- Garden roof terrace, with incredible views of the city, and fresh fruit in the office.
- Well stocked kitchens with fruit tea, honey and lemon, foamy coffee machine, vending machine with healthy food and salad.
- Chill out room and gaming room with VR, PS4, FIFA, foosball table, billiards, table tennis, football league, board games, competitions with cool prizes.
- Meetups, quality questions events, hackathons, we love any chance to share knowledge and have fun.
- We don’t like our colleagues to go hungry or thirsty, so events are always well catered.
- Family fun days, charity events (ask us about our scooter racing), company parties and social activities.
- Flexible working practices
- Excellent city centre location with a tram stop right outside the office, and free parking spaces cars, motorcycles and bikes.
- Relocation costs support for rent and travel, and VISA support. Colleagues from all round the world including Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Estonia, Brazil, Romania, Ireland, Israel, India, Portugal, United Kingdom, and Libya.
William Hill in Krakow
Our office sits on Kotlarska and our brilliant building has a range of different workspaces, hangouts and breakout areas to suit your every need. Situated in the centre of Krakow next to Vistula river we’re in the heart of one of the world’s most iconic cities. There are parks everywhere, you can enjoy a walk along Planty, or go to Kociuszko Mound to admire the city from above. With plenty of culture on your doorstep, you’ll be spoilt for choice. In fact, why not have a sneak peek around our office with Street View and see if you can picture yourself here.
Join us behind the bet
Would you like to join us?
Great! Find out all about the recruitment process and see how step by step you can become a part of our Grand Parade community.
Send your resume via our website and if you’re successful, we’ll contact you via email or phone.
2. HR screen
Our Recruitment Team will arrange a call to discuss your experience and learn more about your job expectations.
3. Technical interview
The next step on the road will be phone (Skype or BlueJeans) call with one of our technical recruiters who'd like to learn more about your skills and knowledge.
4. F2F interview
...and we're almost there! The final step is meeting with Development Lead or Hiring Manager who will tell you more about what we do and will be happy to answer your questions.