Senior Software Developer in Test
Do you care about what you do?
Join the MamyTo Team at GrandParade part of William Hill and dive right into an exciting development environment building the world’s most trusted digital gambling brand. Become an integral part of the team, thriving under Agile principles while fostering a DevOps mindset.
You will join a team that is responsible for developing a platform for managing bonuses across the whole WilliamHill, that makes it a tailor-made, centralized system with rich API. We use promotions to cross-sell products and drive overall traffic to online products and to differentiate against competitors.
The challenges we are facing
- Millions of transactions and thousands of bonuses per day.
- Distributed applications.
- Traffic burst during major sports events.
- AWS cloud migration.
- Clients come across many countries.
- Technologies we use:
- Java 8 -> Java 12.
- Java 12+ for PoC and evaluation.
- AWS native cloud services.
- JUnit and Spock for testing.
- Cucumber and Gatling for integration and performance tests.
- Gradle and Maven to build the applications.
- Splunk for monitoring and business dashboards.
- NewRelic for application performance monitoring.
Your role in the team
- Finding opportunities to improve the performance and reliability of our backend services
- Working on high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems.
- Supporting continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural reviews.
- Collaborating with other teams across the business.
- Working according to development standards & best practices.
- Writing automation tests to minimise the level of manual testing.
- Test technical and non-technical requirements before implementation.
- Driving improvements in KPI’s (code quality, defects, performance, security, resiliency).
- Collaborating with developers to ensure API is testable, documented etc
- Be responsible, as a part of team, for the whole cycle, from requirement to deployment to production.
- Proven working experience in writing automation tests (min. 3 years) Cucumber, Gatling or other test frameworks and libraries
- Experience in web application testing
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with QA best practices and methodologies
- Insight of Java 8+.
- Knowledge of Relational Databases and NoSQL Databases.
- Good to have - experience with high traffic systems and products.
- Good to have - understanding enterprise application testing aspects (test of scalability, test pipelines)
- Excellent English skills (written and spoken)
- Experience in / knowledge of Agile delivery principles and practices such as Scrum or Kanban
- Self-reliant, communicative, accurate
What we offer
- Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal training, lunch and learn sessions and an individual development budget.
- Complex work and the chance to make an impact.
- MacBook Pro
- Some opportunities for International travel to our offices in London, Leeds, Stockholm, Malta and Gibraltar (our office is 5 minutes away from the beach).
- New modern, bright and comfortable office space, with a great working atmosphere, in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward-thinking managers.
- Competitive base salary and benefits, with fully paid private healthcare (Enel-Med), filly paid Multisport pass, employee referral program, and an extra day off for your birthday.
- Garden roof terrace, with incredible views of the city, and fresh fruit in the office.
- Well stocked kitchens with fruit tea, honey and lemon, foamy coffee machine, a vending machine with healthy food and salad.
- Chill out room and gaming room with VR, PS4, FIFA, foosball table, billiards, table tennis, football league, board games, competitions with cool prizes.
- Meetups, quality questions events, hackathons, we love any chance to share knowledge and have fun.
- We don’t like our colleagues to go hungry or thirsty, so events are always well catered.
- Family fun days, charity events (ask us about our scooter racing), company parties and social activities.
- Flexible working practices
- Excellent city centre location with a tram stops right outside the office, and free parking spaces for cars, motorcycles and bikes.
- Relocation costs support for rent and travel, and VISA support. Colleagues from all round the world including Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Estonia, Brazil, Romania, Ireland, Israel, India, Portugal, United Kingdom, and Libya.
William Hill in Krakow
Our office is on Kotlarska street and our brilliant building has a range of different workspaces, hangouts and breakout areas to suit your every need. Situated in the centre of Krakow next to the Vistula river we’re in the heart of one of the world’s most iconic cities. There are parks everywhere, you can enjoy a walk along Planty, or go to Kociuszko Mound to admire the city from above. With plenty of culture on your doorstep, you’ll be spoilt for choice. In fact, why not have a sneak peek around our office with Street View and see if you can picture yourself here.
Join us behind the bet
Would you like to join us?
Great! Find out all about the recruitment process and see how step by step you can become a part of our Grand Parade community.
Send your resume via our website and if you’re successful, we’ll contact you via email or phone.
2. HR screen
Our Recruitment Team will arrange a call to discuss your experience and learn more about your job expectations.
3. Technical interview
The next step on the road will be phone (Skype or BlueJeans) call with one of our technical recruiters who'd like to learn more about your skills and knowledge.
4. F2F interview
...and we're almost there! The final step is meeting with Development Lead or Hiring Manager who will tell you more about what we do and will be happy to answer your questions.