Senior Frontend Developer
We bet we can be a great match
Do you want cool projects focused on online sports betting and gaming? Would you like to work on highly reliable systems with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions, but... with fun included? Would you like to work with some of the best Developers, QAs, DevOps Engineers and Delivery Leads in Krakow?
The future of Grand Parade (part of William Hill) is happening right here and right now!Join the multicultural team working on the strategic project of our company. We’re at the beginning of the long journey designing, prototyping and implementing foundations for an International Betting and Gaming Platform. In cross-functional team (front-end developers, back-end developers, QAs, devops and dedicated architect) we’re building the customizable and extensible product, which can be easily adopted in new markets.
Project and team description You, as a front-end developer, will take part in many SDLC steps:
- designing - brainstorm with the team about technologies and solutions
- prototyping - do R&D, write prototypes and battle test ideas
- implementation - implement final solution
- testing - write unit tests and e2e tests for a user journeys you’ve implemented
- collaborating with experienced architect and developers to implement Grand Parade x William Hill’s international web/mobile platform
- research and develop high performing, customizable web components and solutions
- designing software solutions and following common patterns
- optimization of cross-browser web components
- supporting diverse clients from high powered desktop to tablets and mobile phones
- building efficient and reusable front-end systems and abstraction
- prototyping and performing experiments
- ability to communicate in English
- ability to do code reviews, pair programming
- ability to research, analyse and document
- very good knowledge of and experience with CSS3, HTML5
- familiarity with Node.js
- good knowledge and understanding of React (or similar library)
- good knowledge of software engineering
- familiarity with RESTful APIs
- familiarity with bundling libraries
- Familiarity with CI/CD
- experience with GIT
Nice to have skills
- experience in web performance optimization
- knowledge of Jest/Enzyme
- understand and took part in many steps of Software Development Life Cycle
- awareness about web security
What we offer
- Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal trainings, lunch and learn sessions and an individual training budget.
- Complex work and the chance to make an impact.
- Mac OS or Windows hardware to choose from.
- Brand new, bright and comfortable office in the city center with a garden roof terrace and incredible city view. Tram stop right outside the office. And yes - the office remains open if you choose to use it for reasons connected with your physical or mental wellbeing.
- Free underground parking space for cars, motorcycles and bikes.
- Great working atmosphere, in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
- Competitive base salary and benefits, with fully paid private healthcare (Lux Med), fully paid Multisport pass or MyBenefit cafeteria points for employees on employment contract, employee referral program, and an extra day off for your birthday.
- Flexible employment (B2B or Employment Contract to choose from).
- Creative rights scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Chill out room and gaming room with VR, PS4, FIFA, foosball table, billiards, table tennis, football league, board games, company competitions with cool prizes.
- Meetups, quality questions events, hackathons, we love any chance to share knowledge and have fun.
- Charity events (ask us about our scooter racing) and social activities virtual for now but we can’t wait to throw one of our famous company parties or summer picnics
- Flexible working practices - in Covid-19 times we work from home.
- Ultimately depending on circumstances you may be able to work up to 80% of your normal working time from home.
- Relocation costs support for rent and travel, and VISA support. Colleagues from all round the world including Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Estonia, Brazil, Romania, Ireland, Israel, India, Portugal, United Kingdom, Libya and many other countries.
William Hill in Krakow
Our office sits on Kotlarska and our brilliant building has a range of different workspaces, hangouts and breakout areas to suit your every need. Situated in the centre of Krakow next to Vistula river we’re in the heart of one of the world’s most iconic cities.There are parks everywhere, you can enjoy a walk along Planty, or go to Kociuszko Mound to admire the city from above. With plenty of culture on your doorstep, you’ll be spoilt for choice. In fact, why not have a sneak peek around our office with Street View and see if you can picture yourself here.
Join us behind the bet
Would you like to join us?
Great! Find out all about the recruitment process and see how step by step you can become a part of our Grand Parade community.
Send your resume via our website and if you’re successful, we’ll contact you via email or phone.
2. HR screen
Our Recruitment Team will arrange a call to discuss your experience and learn more about your job expectations.
3. Technical interview
The next step on the road will be phone (Skype or BlueJeans) call with one of our technical recruiters who'd like to learn more about your skills and knowledge.
4. F2F interview
...and we're almost there! The final step is meeting with Development Lead or Hiring Manager who will tell you more about what we do and will be happy to answer your questions.