Scala Developer (Mid / Senior / Principal)
- BS/MS degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Proven hands-on software development experience.
- Experience in Scala development, can be in non-production or hobby projects
- At least 3 years of proven working experience Java or other JVM-based languages
- Willingness to learn and write code in two programming languages: Scala and Java. Experience with both is welcome, but not mandatory.
- Good knowledge of database schema design and messaging solutions, preferably Cassandra and Kafka.
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Experience in building microservices exposing REST APIs.
- Experience with test-driven development.
- Experience developing CI/CD automated solutions.
- Agile methodologies and concepts such as Scrum, Kanban.
- Exemplary communication and people skills, in a technical or non-technical context.
- Experience in using Cassandra, Kafka, Spark
- Familiarity with Scala libraries like ZIO, Cats/ScalaZ, Akka-HTTP/Http4s, Alpakka or Akka Streams
- Familiarity with Domain-Driven Design and Event Sourcing
- Experience of software development for high capacity, high traffic, high availability websites
- Experience in DevOps activities, familiarity with AWS, Gitlab and Gitlab CI
- Experience in working with ticketing systems (preferably JIRA ticketing system)
- Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal training, lunch and learn sessions and an individual development budget.
- Complex work and the chance to make an impact.
- Mac OS or Windows hardware to choose from.
- Some opportunities for International travel to our offices in London, Leeds, Stockholm, Malta and Gibraltar (our office is 5 minutes away from the beach).
- New modern, bright and comfortable office space, with a great working atmosphere, in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
- Competitive base salary and benefits, with fully paid private healthcare (Lux Med), fully paid Multisport pass, employee referral program, and an extra day off for your birthday.
- Garden roof terrace, with incredible views of the city, and fresh fruit in the office.
- Well stocked kitchens with fruit tea, honey and lemon, foamy coffee machine, vending machine with healthy food and salad.
- Chill out room and gaming room with VR, PS4, FIFA, football table, billiards, table tennis, football league, board games, competitions with cool prizes.
- Meetups, quality questions events, hackathons, we love any chance to share knowledge and have fun.
- We don’t like our colleagues to go hungry or thirsty, so events are always well catered.
- Family fun days, charity events (ask us about our scooter racing), company parties and social activities.
- Flexible working practices
- Excellent city centre location with a tram stop right outside the office, and free parking spaces cars, motorcycles and bikes.
- Relocation costs support for rent and travel, and VISA support. Colleagues from all round the world including Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Estonia, Brazil, Romania, Ireland, Israel, India, Portugal, United Kingdom, and Libya.
Would you like to join us?
Great! Find out all about the recruitment process and see how step by step you can become a part of our Grand Parade community.
Send your resume via our website and if you’re successful, we’ll contact you via email or phone.
2. HR screen
Our Recruitment Team will arrange a call to discuss your experience and learn more about your job expectations.
3. Technical interview
The next step on the road will be phone (Skype or BlueJeans) call with one of our technical recruiters who'd like to learn more about your skills and knowledge.
4. F2F interview
...and we're almost there! The final step is meeting with Development Lead or Hiring Manager who will tell you more about what we do and will be happy to answer your questions.