Principal Delivery Lead
Principal Delivery Lead
We bet we can be a great match
Do you want cool projects focused on online sports betting and gaming? Would you like to work on highly reliable systems with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions, but with fun included? Would you like to work with some of the best Developers, QAs, DevOps Engineers and Project Managers in Cracow? Welcome to Grand Parade.
Working with us you’ll be at heart of the technological revolution of one the world’s most trusted betting and gaming companies. We deal with projects ranging from widgets, desktop or mobile casinos and betting sites just to name a few. We process 500 online Sportsbook bets per second each Saturday, that’s the same as orders processed by Amazon UK, on its busiest day of the year. We deal with more than 20 million users and 160 terabytes of data daily. Impressed? You can be sure there are many more challenges waiting for you.
Your role in the team
As Principal Delivery Lead, you’ll manage a team of Delivery Leads, driving through a culture of high performance and continuous improvement across William Hill Technology. Supported by a Head of Portfolio, Agile Coaching community and Delivery Leads across William Hill, you’ll be able to influence. mobilise and unblock challenges and problems.
You will improve the capability of teams, shining light on delivery processes, and providing transparency of areas for improvement. You’ll help teams find a sustained path for continuous improvement, discovering and predicting potential problems and recognising specific areas which, if improved would ultimately increase productivity, predictability, and efficiency.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing expert consultancy on delivery best practices and helping to set up processes and improvements with the team so that they are best set up for success
- Line managing a team of Delivery Leads
- Look at CI best practices across Delivery Leads within their business areas and acting as the SME for Continuous Improvement
- Project Managing complex, high priority, or non-Product-Backlog initiatives. This is not just Scrum or Kanban, it may include more traditional project management practices such as risk management, stakeholder engagement, planning and forecasting etc.
- Acting as a specialist problem solver, defining and reframing abstract problems and pushing for solutions.
Our ideal candidate will have a track record of success in guiding a business forward through performance and continuous improvement. You’ll have a natural ability to engage with people, able to adapt your style to meet the needs of the audience and tailor your approach to bring out the best in others. You’ll be creative and innovative, able to create new perspective and bring others on the journey with you.
You’ll be hands-on and instrumental in the success of the team you are working with and your ability to build strong, collaborative relationships will be key. You’ll use your excellent influencing and communication skills to guide and motivate your stakeholders through often complex challenges and projects. You’ll project credibility and be recognised as a reliable and trusted partner.
- A problem solver who can cut through the noise to get to the heart of a problem, reframing and restructuring to give the narrative of the real underlying issue.
- Solution focused, committed to driving the solution with the team and able to guide and influence others. You’ll know when to be the facilitator and when to be the doer. You’ll have a toolkit to help find multiple solutions to a problem statement, and how to decide which to proceed with and will understand how a variety of methods can be used to facilitate this. Will always look to find and prove the problem first rather than jumping to a solution
- Confident using metrics and success measurements - you understand how to measure progress, then review, adapt, identify solutions and measure, using both qualitative and quantitative metrics
- A coach to you team, able to influence without commanding or controlling. You’re able to focus on your teams capability to deliver, not the actual work being delivered.
- A Facilitator who can turn difficult statements / situations into meaningful conversations and actions and you’re not afraid of positive conflict. You are able to give clarity to a discussion and outputs and you understand how to give everyone a voice
- An expert consultant on delivery best practices and you understand the entire initiative delivery process including kick off, active and closure and how to facilitate (Kick off workshops, identifying dependencies, identifying risks, scrum of scrums etc)
- Able to provide templates and frameworks for key delivery artifacts, knowing how to tailor and help build these for specific requirements
In a previous role you may have been a Senior Delivery Lead, Project Manager or experienced Scrum Master, you may have experience as a Process Improvement expert and will have expertise in agile coaching. This role presents an opportunity to get involved in brand new projects and teams and as such, you will need to be comfortable working with ambiguity and fast paced change, able to lead decisively and independently when required.
If you’re excited about the opportunity to play an important role in the development and success of William Hill and are passionate about sharing your expertise and experience, we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer
We take the safety and wellbeing of our employees seriously, especially at this challenging time. We have put in place robust Covid19 measures and are supporting our new employees with a smooth remote onboarding and training programme to make you feel welcome and part of our team.
We will soon be able to welcome our teams back to the office, however, we want to offer a balanced approach to office and home working - now and for the long-term future. We know that not everyone is the same, many people have embraced home working, whilst others can’t wait to get back. Therefore, we are offering our employees the opportunity to work from home up to 80% of the time with 20% of office time built in to ensure we get some face to face collaborative team time - and the chance for a coffee and a catch up!
We also offer in Krakow:
- Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal trainings, lunch and learn sessions and an individual training budget.
- Complex work and the chance to make an impact.
- Mac OS or Windows hardware to choose from.
- Brand new, bright and comfortable office in the city center with a garden roof terrace and incredible city view. Tram stop right outside the office. And yes - the office remains open if you choose to use it for reasons connected with your physical or mental wellbeing.
- Free underground parking space for cars, motorcycles and bikes.
- Great working atmosphere, in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
- Competitive base salary and benefits, with fully paid private healthcare (Lux Med), fully paid Multisport pass or MyBenefit cafeteria points for employees on employment contract, employee referral program, and an extra day off for your birthday.
- Flexible employment (B2B or Employment Contract to choose from).
- Creative rights scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Chill out room and gaming room with VR, PS4, FIFA, foosball table, billiards, table tennis, football league, board games, company competitions with cool prizes.
- Meetups, quality questions events, hackathons, we love any chance to share knowledge and have fun.
- Charity events (ask us about our scooter racing) and social activities virtual for now but we can’t wait to throw one of our famous company parties or summer picnics
Join us #behindthebet
Would you like to join us?
Great! Find out all about the recruitment process and see how step by step you can become a part of our Grand Parade community.
Send your resume via our website and if you’re successful, we’ll contact you via email or phone.
2. HR screen
Our Recruitment Team will arrange a call to discuss your experience and learn more about your job expectations.
3. Technical interview
The next step on the road will be phone (Skype or BlueJeans) call with one of our technical recruiters who'd like to learn more about your skills and knowledge.
4. F2F interview
...and we're almost there! The final step is meeting with Development Lead or Hiring Manager who will tell you more about what we do and will be happy to answer your questions.