Principal Data Engineer
- We are hiring for Principal Data Ops engineer.
- We are building world-class Big Data platform which will give us power to process streams of data and enable machine learning and advanced analytics capabilities. Everything cloud-based for scalability and speed to market.
- As a Principal Data Ops for Big Data in Krakow, you’ll be working on creations of tools and processes that will enable other teams and end users to provide business value. You will be setting standards, measuring performance and costs and drive initiatives to optimize it. You will take care of designing and implementing of distributed components integration, security, log aggregation, CICD pipelines. You will be working mainly with AWS and may do same work in our private cloud environment.
- Practical, hands on experience with Python.
- Expert level knowledge of any programming language is desired.
- Very good understanding of OOP coding concepts and design patterns
- Quality first mindset is a must
- You can use Test Driven Development methodology in your daily work and implement it across team as good practice
- You are technical leader with ability to guide other engineers through complex concepts and you can drive its smooth transition from design, implementation, up to delivery into production
- Experience with Cloud technologies is a plus
- Experience with Big Data technologies is a plus
- Agile mindset and practice in software development process e.g. Scrum, Kanban, TDD, BDD
- Desire to learn modern technologies for big data/analytics
- Fluency in English
- Work on world-class Big Data Platform in the team which is driving technology decisions
- Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal training, lunch and learn sessions and an individual development budget.
- Interesting work in fast growing Big Data domain and the chance to make real impact.
- Some opportunities for International travel to our offices in London, Leeds and Gibraltar (our office is 5 minutes away from the beach).
- A great working atmosphere in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
- Competitive salary and benefits fully paid private healthcare, multisport pass, daily fruit, and employee referral program.
- Flexible working practices
- And some fun in the office integration events and company parties, internal football league, gamification initiatives, FIFA, board games, company competitions with cool prizes.
Would you like to join us?
Great! Find out all about the recruitment process and see how step by step you can become a part of our Grand Parade community.
Send your resume via our website and if you’re successful, we’ll contact you via email or phone.
2. HR screen
Our Recruitment Team will arrange a call to discuss your experience and learn more about your job expectations.
3. Technical interview
The next step on the road will be phone (Skype or BlueJeans) call with one of our technical recruiters who'd like to learn more about your skills and knowledge.
4. F2F interview
...and we're almost there! The final step is meeting with Development Lead or Hiring Manager who will tell you more about what we do and will be happy to answer your questions.