Principal Cloud and System Engineer
We bet we can be a great match
Do you want cool projects focused on online sports betting and gaming? Would you like to work on highly reliable systems with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions, but with fun included? Would you like to work with some of the best Developers, QAs, DevOps Engineers and Project Managers in Krakow? Welcome to Grand Parade.
Working with us you’ll be at heart of the technological revolution of one the world’s most trusted betting and gaming companies. We deal with projects ranging from widgets, desktop or mobile casinos and betting sites just to name a few. We process 500 online Sportsbook bets per second each Saturday, that’s the same as orders processed by Amazon UK, on its busiest day of the year. We deal with more than 20 million users and 160 terabytes of data daily. Impressed? You can be sure there are many more challenges waiting for you.
Your role in the team
- Member of the Principal Engineering Team that consists of the most senior technical staff and sets the standards for engineering excellence at Sportsbook. You will remain hands-on and lead by example.
- Sharing experience, knowledge and practical solutions with the WH tech community to ensure high quality of product can be built
- Contributing to upcoming deliveries, by engaging with architecture and product to feed into solution definition & estimations.
- Defining & proving practices (standards, patterns, processes, technologies etc.) before implementation across teams.
- Serving as mentor/coach for other engineers in the Sportsbook channel
- Cooperating closely with teams from Krakow and Gibraltar
- Experience as a Senior Cloud and System Engineer
- Strong understanding and experience with Linux operating systems.
- Recent production experience with Kubernetes (deployment and administration).
- Excellent scripting skills (at least bash and python).
- Experience with configuration management systems (preferably Ansible).
- Experience with CI/CD infrastructure and pipelines.
- Hands on experience with artifact repository managers.
- Hands on experience with containers administration and troubleshooting.
- Experience with system monitoring and logging.
- Experiencing with automation using Python or another language (or tool).
- Clear understanding of cloud paradigms (IaaS, CaaS, PaaS, microservice architectures, continuous delivery).
- The desire to build highly automated and scalable infrastructure.
- Creative approach to problem solving while keeping solutions as simple as possible
- Commitment. Will see things through to the end and set the example for teams to follow
- Very good English skills (both written and spoken)
What we offer
- Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal trainings, lunch and learn sessions and an individual training budget.
- Complex work and the chance to make an impact.
- Mac OS or Windows hardware to choose from.
- Brand new, bright and comfortable office in the city center with a garden roof terrace and incredible city view. Tram stop right outside the office.
- Long term flexible working practices - Our employees have the opportunity to work from home up to 80% of the time with 20% of office time built in to ensure we get some face to face collaborative team time
- Free underground parking space for cars, motorcycles and bikes.
- Great working atmosphere, in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
- Competitive base salary and benefits, with fully paid private healthcare (Lux Med), fully paid Multisport pass or MyBenefit cafeteria points for employees on employment contract, employee referral program, and an extra day off for your birthday.
- Flexible employment (B2B or Employment Contract to choose from).
- Creative rights scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Chill out room and gaming room with VR, PS4, FIFA, foosball table, billiards, table tennis, football league, board games, company competitions with cool prizes.
- Meetups, quality questions events, hackathons, we love any chance to share knowledge and have fun.
- Charity events (ask us about our scooter racing) and social activities virtual for now but we can’t wait to throw one of our famous company parties or summer picnics
- Flexible working practices - in Covid-19 times we work from home. Ultimately depending on circumstances you may be able to work up to 80% of your normal working time from home.
- Relocation costs support for rent and travel, and VISA support. Colleagues from all round the world including Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Estonia, Brazil, Romania, Ireland, Israel, India, Portugal, United Kingdom, Libya and many other countries.
William Hill in Krakow
Our office sits on Kotlarska and our brilliant building has a range of different workspaces, hangouts and breakout areas to suit your every need. Situated in the centre of Krakow next to Vistula river we’re in the heart of one of the world’s most iconic cities. There are parks everywhere, you can enjoy a walk along Planty, or go to Kociuszko Mound to admire the city from above. With plenty of culture on your doorstep, you’ll be spoilt for choice. In fact, why not have a sneak peek around our office with Street View and see if you can picture yourself here
Join us #behindthebet
Would you like to join us?
Great! Find out all about the recruitment process and see how step by step you can become a part of our Grand Parade community.
Send your resume via our website and if you’re successful, we’ll contact you via email or phone.
2. HR screen
Our Recruitment Team will arrange a call to discuss your experience and learn more about your job expectations.
3. Technical interview
The next step on the road will be phone (Skype or BlueJeans) call with one of our technical recruiters who'd like to learn more about your skills and knowledge.
4. F2F interview
...and we're almost there! The final step is meeting with Development Lead or Hiring Manager who will tell you more about what we do and will be happy to answer your questions.