Information Security Engineer
We bet we can be a great match
Do you want cool projects focused on online sports betting and gaming? Would you like to work on highly reliable systems with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions, but with fun included? Would you like to work with some of the best Developers, QAs, DevOps Engineers and Project Managers in Krakow?
Working with us you’ll be at heart of the technological revolution of one the world’s most trusted betting and gaming companies. We deal with projects ranging from widgets, desktop or mobile casinos and betting sites just to name a few. We process 500 online Sportsbook bets per second each Saturday, that’s the same as orders processed by Amazon UK, on its busiest day of the year. We deal with more than 20 million users and 160 terabytes of data daily. Impressed? You can be sure there are many more challenges waiting for you.
Your role in the team
You’ll be responsible for developing and maintaining our security platforms and making sure we have the necessary security controls and mitigations in place to protect William Hill, and to identify and stop security incidents. You’ll be working with a varied tech stack which includes cutting edge security tools, both on-premise and in AWS, to build automated defences against cyber attacks or to give visibility of the state of security across the entire organisation.
The team will be split between Leeds and Krakow so you’ll need to collaborate remotely to deliver a great service. Your primary customers will be the other Infosec teams base in Europe and the US, but you’ll also work closely with colleagues in infrastructure and end-user computing to deliver strategic priorities and ensure we have the right security controls in place across the whole organisation. You’ll also build the automation for self-service security controls for all our product engineering teams, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement along the way. To do this, you’ll need to strive to be a subject matter expert for all security configurations within AWS / O365 / other cloud products.
This role would suit a DevOps Engineer with an interest in information Security. Here you’ll be part of an award winning Info Sec team which offers great career development opportunities. Check out our achievements here! https://www.scawardseurope.com/results-2020/
- Knowledge of(or at least a strong interest in) information security concepts and technologies such as IDS, email gateways and desktop security products, SIEM and SOAR platforms, web application firewalls and vulnerability management tools.
- Scripting and basic programming in Terraform / Ansible (plus ideally Python / Lambda)
- Experience in working with, and applying security controls to Iaas/PaaS/SaaS environments, particularly AWS
- Comfortable with working in a Windows/Linux environment
- General understanding of AWS / cloud automation
- Exposure to a Devops environment with a background in Server Operations or Systems Administration
- An autonomous / self-managed work style
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in Polish and English
- An understanding of web application attack concepts and mitigations
- Knowledge of DDoS attacks and mitigation techniques.
- Experience using Splunk to build searches, dashboards and alerts.
What we offer
- Development opportunities, including IT, conferences, internal training, lunch & learn sessions and an individual development budget.
- Mac OS or Windows hardware to choose from.
- New modern, bright and comfortable office space, with a great working atmosphere, in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward-thinking managers.
- Competitive base salary and benefits, with fully paid private healthcare (Enel-Med), fully paid Multisport pass, employee referral program, and an extra day off for your birthday.
- Garden roof terrace, with incredible views of the city, fresh fruit in the office every day.
- Well stocked kitchens with fruit tea, honey, and lemon, foamy coffee machine, a vending machine with healthy foods and salads.
- Chill out room and gaming room with VR, PS4, FIFA, foosball table, billiards, table tennis, football league, board games, competitions with cool prizes.
- Meetups, quality questions events, hackathons, we love any chance to share knowledge and have fun. We don’t like our colleagues to go hungry or thirsty, so events are always well catered.
- Family fun days, charity events (ask us about our scooter racing), company parties and social activities.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free parking for cars, motorcycles, and bikes.
- Relocation costs support for rent and travel, and VISA support. Colleagues from all around the world including Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Estonia, Brazil, Romania, Ireland, Israel, India, Portugal, United Kingdom, and Libya.
William Hill in Krakow
Our office sits on Kotlarska and our brilliant building has a range of different workspaces, hangouts and breakout areas to suit your every need. Situated in the center of Krakow next to Vistula river we’re in the heart of one of the world’s most iconic cities. There are parks everywhere, you can enjoy a walk along Planty, or go to Kociuszko Mound to admire the city from above. With plenty of culture on your doorstep, you’ll be spoilt for choice. In fact, why not have a sneak peek around our office with Street View and see if you can picture yourself here.
Would you like to join us?
Great! Find out all about the recruitment process and see how step by step you can become a part of our Grand Parade community.
Send your resume via our website and if you’re successful, we’ll contact you via email or phone.
2. HR screen
Our Recruitment Team will arrange a call to discuss your experience and learn more about your job expectations.
3. Technical interview
The next step on the road will be phone (Skype or BlueJeans) call with one of our technical recruiters who'd like to learn more about your skills and knowledge.
4. F2F interview
...and we're almost there! The final step is meeting with Development Lead or Hiring Manager who will tell you more about what we do and will be happy to answer your questions.