- Accountable for the engineering team to deliver outstanding results to our customers and build quality products
- Scope out well-defined career paths and growth opportunities for every engineer
- Work with stakeholders across the company (especially product) to ensure that engineering is aligned with company goals
- Work closely with the Head of Engineering and Architecture to ensure that development is aligned with our strategy, architecture principles and guardrails whilst supporting our governance and compliance policies
- Recruit, and nurture world-class engineering talent
- Help shape and improve the product development process, representing engineering by communicating technical constraints, opportunities, and solutions
- Build and maintain a culture of excellence, mentorship, and collaboration; essentially be a world-class manager
- Provide coaching and leadership to the senior engineering management team as well as individual contributors
- Exhibit Lean-Agile leadership and growth mind-set. Collaborate with the team to embrace Disciplined Agile (DA) Core Values, adopt and apply its Principles and implement the best practices
- Working closely with the Software Engineering Team Leads, develop team autonomy to support the business need whilst working with Product Owners to define and measure key product KPI’s against which your team want to be measured
- Ensure your teams uphold standard technical KPI’s such as code quality, security and technical debt in a clear and transparent way such as visible team dashboards in a consistent manner
- Continually looking for efficiencies and improvements within the delivery value chain. Looking for ways to measure success and collaborating with your teams to implement through automation
- Great technical knowledge and appreciation of software engineering principles, including regulatory, legislative and industry practices, gained through practical experience and/or professional qualifications
- Ensure participation to the communities of practices associated with your teams are attended and be active in your own community.
- Understand the strengths/weaknesses of team members & support strengthening of skills through personal development plans
- Regular 1-to-1 catchups, objectives setting, coaching, succession planning.
- Understand timelines and dependencies, coordinates team around priorities
- Help your team to do the best work possible!
- You have extensive professional software development / engineering experience, and can draw on your own experiences (of failure and success) to motivate your teams, raise morale and give credible leadership
- You have proven experience managing mid-sized highly performing engineering teams
- You have shipped several customer-facing products we will ask about that, so have some good examples ready to discuss at your interview!
- Your working style is naturally collaborative. You’re happy to Take ownership and responsibility, looking for solutions rather than problems
- You are passionate about delivering high-quality, effective solutions to enable exciting user experiences
- You are transparent, communicate clearly and have experience leading design reviews, code reviews
- You have experience working in a secure environment
- You have a preference for fast-paced environments with tight feedback loops and continuous delivery
- You have experience working cross-functionally with design, QA, System Engineering, Architecture and product.
- Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal trainings, lunch and learn sessions and an individual training budget.
- Complex work and the chance to make an impact.
- Mac OS or Windows hardware to choose from.
- Brand new, bright and comfortable office in the city center with a garden roof terrace and incredible city view. Tram stop right outside the office. And yes - the office remains open if you choose to use it for reasons connected with your physical or mental wellbeing.
- Free underground parking space for cars, motorcycles and bikes.
- Great working atmosphere, in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
- Competitive base salary and benefits, with fully paid private healthcare (Lux Med), fully paid Multisport pass or MyBenefit cafeteria points for employees on employment contract, employee referral program, and an extra day off for your birthday.
- Flexible employment (B2B or Employment Contract to choose from).
- Creative rights scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Chill out room and gaming room with VR, PS4, FIFA, foosball table, billiards, table tennis, football league, board games, company competitions with cool prizes.
- Meetups, quality questions events, hackathons, we love any chance to share knowledge and have fun.
- Charity events (ask us about our scooter racing) and social activities virtual for now but we can’t wait to throw one of our famous company parties or summer picnics
- Flexible working practices - in Covid-19 times we work from home.
- Ultimately depending on circumstances you may be able to work up to 80% of your normal working time from home.
- Relocation costs support for rent and travel, and VISA support. Colleagues from all round the world including Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Estonia, Brazil, Romania, Ireland, Israel, India, Portugal, United Kingdom, Libya and many other countries.
Would you like to join us?
Great! Find out all about the recruitment process and see how step by step you can become a part of our Grand Parade community.
Send your resume via our website and if you’re successful, we’ll contact you via email or phone.
2. HR screen
Our Recruitment Team will arrange a call to discuss your experience and learn more about your job expectations.
3. Technical interview
The next step on the road will be phone (Skype or BlueJeans) call with one of our technical recruiters who'd like to learn more about your skills and knowledge.
4. F2F interview
...and we're almost there! The final step is meeting with Development Lead or Hiring Manager who will tell you more about what we do and will be happy to answer your questions.