We bet we can be a great match
Do you want cool projects focused on online sports betting and gaming? Would you like to work on highly reliable systems with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions, but with fun included? Would you like to work with some of the best Developers, QAs, DevOps Engineers and Project Managers in Krakow? Welcome to Grand Parade.
Working with us you’ll be at heart of the technological revolution of one the world’s most trusted betting and gaming companies. We deal with projects ranging from widgets, desktop or mobile casinos and betting sites just to name a few. We process 500 online Sportsbook bets per second each Saturday, that’s the same as orders processed by Amazon UK, on its busiest day of the year. We deal with more than 20 million users and 160 terabytes of data daily. Impressed? You can be sure there are many more challenges waiting for you.
Your role in the team
As a Data Engineer, you’ll develop on a Microsoft SQL 2016 technology platform. You’ll handle large volumes of data and integrate our platform with a range of internal and external systems. If you’re anything like us, you’ll be interested in new tech and how it can be applied to data management. Our internal customer base is growing all the time, and we’re establishing ourselves as a true enterprise team using the latest technologies to make sure all customers get the best possible service. Our Data Scientists will consume the data you prepare and will use the data to model machine learning algorithms.
You’ll join an agile team working alongside talented business analysts, testers, architects and project managers. Focusing mainly on the development of complex logic integrations; you’ll pay equal attention to the quality of documentation, code, and business logic and non-functional. NFRs are a priority, so aspects like maintainable code, supportability, restorability, monitoring and performance need to be integral to any delivery. We are looking for team players who are willing to learn new skills and share knowledge.
You may need to support out of hours on a rota basis, when you’re up to speed and confident in your role.
- You’re a strong T-SQL developer, and you’ve used SQL Server to handle large data sets and complex data transformations
- 3 + years of solid experience doing ETL using Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS) and working with Enterprise Data Warehouses
- You’ve got effective data integration coding / IT skills using Microsoft SQL 2016 or above, plus preferably Python or C#
- You’re an expert in data management and data quality
- It’s essential that you’ve got experience of the full SDLC in an ETL environment
- T-SQL is our main tech, so you need to be a whizz
- You’ve gained experience of enterprise data warehousing and DQ / RDM /MDS / MDM
- You’re a self - starter, you have a proactive, positive "can-do" attitude to your work, and you enjoy learning about new technology
- If you have any experience with Big Data technologies like Snowflake, fantastic, as we will give you exposure to our Smart Data platform and train you in our Big Data tech stack.
- Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal trainings, lunch and learn sessions and an individual training budget.
- Complex work and the chance to make an impact.
- Mac OS or Windows hardware to choose from.
- Brand new, bright and comfortable office in the city center with a garden roof terrace and incredible city view. Tram stop right outside the office.
- Long term flexible working practices - Our employees have the opportunity to work from home up to 80% of the time with 20% of office time built in to ensure we get some face to face collaborative team time
- Free underground parking space for cars, motorcycles and bikes.
- Great working atmosphere, in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
- or MyBenefit cafeteria points for employees on employment contract, employee referral program, and an extra day off for your birthday.
- Flexible employment (B2B or Employment Contract to choose from).
- Creative rights scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Chill out room and gaming room with VR, PS4, FIFA, foosball table, billiards, table tennis, football league, board games, company competitions with cool prizes.
- Meetups, quality questions events, hackathons, we love any chance to share knowledge and have fun.
- Charity events (ask us about our scooter racing) and social activities virtual for now but we can’t wait to throw one of our famous company parties or summer picnics.
William Hill in Krakow
Our office sits on Kotlarska and our brilliant building has a range of different workspaces, hangouts and breakout areas to suit your every need. Situated in the centre of Krakow next to Vistula river we’re in the heart of one of the world’s most iconic cities. There are parks everywhere, you can enjoy a walk along Planty, or go to Kociuszko Mound to admire the city from above. With plenty of culture on your doorstep, you’ll be spoilt for choice. In fact, why not have a sneak peek around our office with Street View and see if you can picture yourself here.
Join us behind the bet
Would you like to join us?
Great! Find out all about the recruitment process and see how step by step you can become a part of our Grand Parade community.
Send your resume via our website and if you’re successful, we’ll contact you via email or phone.
2. HR screen
Our Recruitment Team will arrange a call to discuss your experience and learn more about your job expectations.
3. Technical interview
The next step on the road will be phone (Skype or BlueJeans) call with one of our technical recruiters who'd like to learn more about your skills and knowledge.
4. F2F interview
...and we're almost there! The final step is meeting with Development Lead or Hiring Manager who will tell you more about what we do and will be happy to answer your questions.