Cloud and System Engineer
- Driving our expansion into Amazon Web Services through effective DevOps principles, clean Terraform code, Docker/Kubernetes orchestration and automation
- All aspects of workload migration into AWS along with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Working within an agile engineering squad to further advance our operational capabilities and improve our cycle time for feature delivery
- Engaging and directing any Proof of Concept or prototyping of applications and solutions to continually move us forward
- Ensure that security, operational and supportability guidelines are factored into the construction of any solution - this will include liaison with the relevant teams to ensure that they understand the implications of any proposed designs
- Be active in our communities of practice across engineering and development to continually enhance our collective knowledge
- An excellent working knowledge of configuration management, provisioning and orchestration tools such as Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt. Working knowledge and understanding of Puppet/ Terraform is essential.
- Commercial experience of migrating applications to AWS and a strong focus on security in public & private cloud
- Excellent background in Infrastructure as code including management and testing infrastructure deployments
- Happy to get in and get hands dirty as part of a start-up mentality and a strong team player who has an inclusive can-do approach
- Excellent Linux sysadmin skills, network layers, firewalls, load balancers etc.
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment (particularly SCRUM)
- Loves to share. We want to see what you are capable of and what you can bring to our teams
- You are a self-starter and highly motivated towards success
- You are hands on when you need to be and love trying new things
- You have a passion for DevOps and Cloud
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment with some great technical challenges
- Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal training, lunch and learn sessions and an individual development budget.
- Complex work and the chance to make an impact.
- Mac OS or Windows hardware to choose from.
- Some opportunities for International travel to our offices in London, Leeds, Stockholm, Malta and Gibraltar (our office is 5 minutes away from the beach).
- New modern, bright and comfortable office space, with a great working atmosphere, in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
- Competitive base salary and benefits, with fully paid private healthcare (Enel-Med), filly paid Multisport pass, employee referral program, and an extra day off for your birthday.
- Garden roof terrace, with incredible views of the city, and fresh fruit in the office.
- Well stocked kitchens with fruit tea, honey and lemon, foamy coffee machine, vending machine with healthy food and salad.
- Chill out room and gaming room with VR, PS4, FIFA, foosball table, billiards, table tennis, football league, board games, competitions with cool prizes.
- Meetups, quality questions events, hackathons, we love any chance to share knowledge and have fun.
- We dont like our colleagues to go hungry or thirsty, so events are always well catered.
- Family fun days, charity events (ask us about our scooter racing), company parties and social activities.
- Flexible working practices
- Excellent city centre location with a tram stop right outside the office, and free parking spaces cars, motorcycles and bikes.
- Relocation costs support for rent and travel, and VISA support. Colleagues from all round the world including Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Estonia, Brazil, Romania, Ireland, Israel, India, Portugal, United Kingdom, and Libya.
Would you like to join us?
Great! Find out all about the recruitment process and see how step by step you can become a part of our Grand Parade community.
Send your resume via our website and if you’re successful, we’ll contact you via email or phone.
2. HR screen
Our Recruitment Team will arrange a call to discuss your experience and learn more about your job expectations.
3. Technical interview
The next step on the road will be phone (Skype or BlueJeans) call with one of our technical recruiters who'd like to learn more about your skills and knowledge.
4. F2F interview
...and we're almost there! The final step is meeting with Development Lead or Hiring Manager who will tell you more about what we do and will be happy to answer your questions.