Big Data Engineer
We bet we can be a great matchWhen we say cutting edge, we actually mean it. Here, you can work on highly reliable systems with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions, but with fun included.About usWorking with us youll be at heart of the technological revolution of one the worlds most trusted betting and gaming companies. We deal with projects ranging from widgets, desktop or mobile casinos and betting sites just to name a few. We process 500 online Sportsbook bets per second each Saturday, thats the same as orders processed by Amazon UK, on its busiest day of the year. We deal with more than 20 million users daily. Impressed? You can be sure there are many more challenges waiting for you.Your role in the teamWe are hiring for Mid-Level and Senior Data Engineers, and our Data Management team is nothing if not ambitious. We pride ourselves on delivering operational and analytical solutions ranging from traditional batch data warehousing to low latency applications.You'll develop using a mixture of Google Cloud, AWS and home-grown on-premises platforms. Youll handle large volumes of data and integrate our platform with a range of internal and external systems. If youre anything like us youll be interested in new tech and how it can be applied to data management. Our internal customer base is growing all the time, and were establishing ourselves as a true enterprise team using the latest technologies to make sure all customers get the best possible service.Youll join an agile team working alongside business, testers, architects and project managers. Focusing mainly on the development of complex logic integrations; youll pay equal attention to the quality of documentation, code, and business logic and non-functional. NFRs are a priority, so aspects like maintainable code, supportability, restorability, monitoring and performance need to be integral to any delivery.You'll need to support out of hours on a rota basis, when you're up to speed and confident in your role.If you join us as a Senior, you will be a mentor to a team, and will need to bring some previous experience of this. Skills needed
- Youre an expert in data engineering and data quality
- Youre a strong developer, and youve used SQL/NoSQL to handle large data sets and complex data transformations.
- Experience with Big data platforms: Apache Spark / Hadoop
- Experience with cloud solutions for Big Data (Snowflake, GCP BigQuery, AWS Redshift) is a plus
- Experience with data pipelines (e.g. Airflow) and streaming processing (Kafka, Kinesis, Spark Streaming, Flink)
- Knowledge of Java and/or Python
- Experience with supporting Data Scientist (Machine Learning) is a plus
- Its essential that youve got experience of the full SDLC in an equivalent environment.
- You have worked in small focused scrum teams delivering events driven integrations across multiple teams.
- You're experienced in working within an integration environment with testers to ensure end to end performance and resilience SLAs can be achieved.
- Experience in writing well designed, testable, efficient code which follows good coding standards
- Agile mindset and practice in software development process e.g. Scrum, Kanban, TDD, BDD
- You have experience mentoring other engineers (if you're applying for a Senior role
- Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal training, lunch and learn sessions and an individual development budget
- Complex work and the chance to make an impact.
- Some opportunities for International travel to our offices in London, Leeds and Gibraltar (our office is 5 minutes away from the beach).
- A great working atmosphere in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
- Competitive salary and benefits fully paid private healthcare, multisport pass, daily fruit, and employee referral program.
- Flexible working practices
- And some fun in the office integration events and company parties, internal football league, gamification initiatives, FIFA, board games, company competitions with cool prizes.
Would you like to join us?
Great! Find out all about the recruitment process and see how step by step you can become a part of our Grand Parade community.
Send your resume via our website and if you’re successful, we’ll contact you via email or phone.
2. HR screen
Our Recruitment Team will arrange a call to discuss your experience and learn more about your job expectations.
3. Technical interview
The next step on the road will be phone (Skype or BlueJeans) call with one of our technical recruiters who'd like to learn more about your skills and knowledge.
4. F2F interview
...and we're almost there! The final step is meeting with Development Lead or Hiring Manager who will tell you more about what we do and will be happy to answer your questions.