Do you want cool projects focused on online sports betting and gaming? Would you like to work on highly reliable systems with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions, but with fun included? Would you like to work with some of the best Developers, QAs, DevOps Engineers and Delivery Managers in Krakow?
Working with us you’ll be at heart of the technological revolution of one the world’s most trusted betting and gaming companies. We deal with projects ranging from widgets, desktop or mobile casinos and betting sites just to name a few. We process 500 online Sportsbook bets per second each Saturday, that’s the same as orders processed by Amazon UK, on its busiest day of the year.
We deal with more than 20 million users and 160 terabytes of data daily. Impressed? You can be sure there are many more challenges waiting for you.
Your role in the team
- Take technical responsibility for the International Gaming projects
- Work with Head of Engineer and Lead Architect over International Gaming strategy
- Take responsibility for International Gaming strategy execution
- Support Gaming development team with technical knowledge
- Take hands-on responsibility for key technical parts of Gaming components
- Be sure that Gaming development teams follow good practices
- Be sure that a test strategy for Gaming components is defined and delivered
Knowledge and experience with Software Application Architecture aspects like:
- Hands-on experience with full SDLC (from requirements gathering, through product development to production support)
- Understanding of design and architecture patterns and their applicability
- Understanding of different services integration patterns and mechanisms
- Understanding of Web, Mobile and Internal API
- Understanding of data management, data flow and data storage
- Understanding of CI/CD solutions
- Practical experience with automated testing
- Ability to create technical documentation in a readable form
- Good communication skills and aligning others to the proposed technology vision
- Ability to talk to both business and tech people
- Good knowledge and experience with building backend systems delivered in both On-Premises and Cloud model
- Knowledge and experience with Java Environment
- Knowledge and experience with containerization, scalability and reliability models
- Solid understanding of backend network patterns and mechanisms
- Solid understanding of backend security aspects
- Knowledge and experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Knowledge of any cloud hosting solution AWS
- Git Lab SAAS
- Experience working in Scrum methodology
- Attention to details
What we offer
- Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal training, lunch and learn sessions and an individual development budget.
- Complex work and the chance to make an impact.
- Mac OS or Windows hardware to choose from.
- Some opportunities for International travel to our offices in London, Leeds and Gibraltar (our office is 5 minutes away from the beach).
- A great working atmosphere in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
- Competitive salary and benefits fully paid private healthcare, multisport pass, daily fruit, and employee referral program.
- Flexible working practices and some fun in the office integration events and company parties, internal football league, gamification initiatives, FIFA, board games, company competitions with cool prizes.
William Hill in Krakow
Our office sits on Kotlarska and our brilliant building has a range of different workspaces, hangouts and breakout areas to suit your every need. Situated in the centre of Krakow next to Vistula river we’re in the heart of one of the world’s most iconic cities.There are parks everywhere, you can enjoy a walk along Planty, or go to Kociuszko Mound to admire the city from above. With plenty of culture on your doorstep, you’ll be spoilt for choice. In fact, why not have a sneak peek around our office with Street View and see if you can picture yourself here.
Join us behind the bet
Would you like to join us?
Great! Find out all about the recruitment process and see how step by step you can become a part of our Grand Parade community.
Send your resume via our website and if you’re successful, we’ll contact you via email or phone.
2. HR screen
Our Recruitment Team will arrange a call to discuss your experience and learn more about your job expectations.
3. Technical interview
The next step on the road will be phone (Skype or BlueJeans) call with one of our technical recruiters who'd like to learn more about your skills and knowledge.
4. F2F interview
...and we're almost there! The final step is meeting with Development Lead or Hiring Manager who will tell you more about what we do and will be happy to answer your questions.