Agile Delivery Lead - Data
Are you passionate about agile product development focused on online sports, betting and gaming? Would you like to work on highly reliable systems with low latency, much like the transactional systems of the best financial institutions, but with fun included? Would you like to work with some of the best Developers, QAs, DevOps Engineers and Project Managers in Cracow? Welcome to Grand Parade.About usWorking with us you’ll be at heart of the technological revolution of one the world’s most trusted betting and gaming companies. We deal with projects ranging from widgets, desktop or mobile casinos and betting sites just to name a few. We process 500 online Sportsbook bets per second each Saturday, that’s the same as orders processed by Amazon UK, on its busiest day of the year. We deal with more than 20 million users and 160 terabytes of data daily. Impressed? You can be sure there are many more challenges waiting for you. Your role in the teamAs an Agile Delivery Lead in Data, you’ll drive through a culture of high performance and continuous improvement across William Hill Technology. Supported by a Head of Portfolio, Agile Coaching community and a Principal Delivery Lead across William Hill, you’ll be able to influence. mobilise and unblock challenges and problems.You will improve the capability of teams across William Hill, shining light on delivery processes, and providing transparency of areas for improvement. You’ll help teams find a sustained path for continuous improvement, discovering and predicting potential problems and recognising specific areas which, if improved would ultimately increase productivity, predictability, and efficiency.Your responsibilities will include:
- Driving continuous improvement based on data & evidence
- Identifying and removing impediments to ensure smooth and sustainable flow of work
- Ensuring key metrics are available & effective
- Ensuring that teams meet standards and achieve Guided Continuous Improvement
- Collaborating with Agile coaches to ensure teams embrace Disciplined Agile (DA) Principles, implement practices and identify & establish DA lifecycle & continually improve Way of Working
- Ensure that team planning & estimating is effective
- Focusing team/s on how to deliver work to achieve commitments & agreed iteration goal
- Support the Product Owner who will manage the backlog and guide the team
- A problem solver who can cut through the noise to get to the heart of a problem, reframing and restructuring to give the narrative of the real underlying issue.
- Solution focused, committed to driving the solution with the team and able to guide and influence others. You’ll know when to be the facilitator and when to be the doer. You’ll have a toolkit to help find multiple solutions to a problem statement, and how to decide which to proceed with and will understand how a variety of methods can be used to facilitate this. Will always look to find and prove the problem first rather than jumping to a solution
- Confident using metrics and success measurements - you understand how to measure progress, then review, adapt, identify solutions and measure, using both qualitative and quantitative metrics
- A Facilitator who can turn difficult statements / situations into meaningful conversations and actions and you’re not afraid of positive conflict. You are able to give clarity to a discussion and outputs and you understand how to give everyone a voice
- An expert consultant on delivery best practices and you understand the entire initiative delivery process including kick off, active and closure and how to facilitate (Kick off workshops, identifying dependencies, identifying risks, scrum of scrums etc)
- Able to provide templates and frameworks for key delivery artifacts, knowing how to tailor and help build these for specific requirements
- Development opportunities, including IT conferences, internal trainings, lunch and learn sessions and an individual training budget.
- Complex work and the chance to make an impact.
- Mac OS or Windows hardware to choose from.
- Brand new, bright and comfortable office in the city center with a garden roof terrace and incredible city view. Tram stop right outside the office. And yes - the office remains open if you choose to use it for reasons connected with your physical or mental wellbeing.
- Free underground parking space for cars, motorcycles and bikes.
- Great working atmosphere, in a collaborative team of amazing people, with forward thinking managers.
- Competitive base salary and benefits, with fully paid private healthcare (Lux Med), fully paid Multisport pass or MyBenefit cafeteria points for employees on employment contract, employee referral program, and an extra day off for your birthday.
- Flexible employment (B2B or Employment Contract to choose from).
- Creative rights scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Chill out room and gaming room with VR, PS4, FIFA, foosball table, billiards, table tennis, football league, board games, company competitions with cool prizes.
- Meetups, quality questions events, hackathons, we love any chance to share knowledge and have fun.
- Charity events (ask us about our scooter racing) and social activities virtual for now but we can’t wait to throw one of our famous company parties or summer picnics
Would you like to join us?
Great! Find out all about the recruitment process and see how step by step you can become a part of our Grand Parade community.
Send your resume via our website and if you’re successful, we’ll contact you via email or phone.
2. HR screen
Our Recruitment Team will arrange a call to discuss your experience and learn more about your job expectations.
3. Technical interview
The next step on the road will be phone (Skype or BlueJeans) call with one of our technical recruiters who'd like to learn more about your skills and knowledge.
4. F2F interview
...and we're almost there! The final step is meeting with Development Lead or Hiring Manager who will tell you more about what we do and will be happy to answer your questions.